Friday, December 27, 2019

January 2020 Release: Lost in Space



Lost in Space is a song written about an incident in my 20s, it's a story like all my songs. At school I was best mates with Peter Dunphy, who was a very talented film director, he was always with camera in hand and we became inseparable for a while. He was funny, always made me laugh, and we went to every gig possible, and enjoyed going to the pub on any night of the week. A good night out was one where we tried to figure out what had happened the night before.

On one particular occasion we bumped into each other early in the afternoon and went for a few pints which meant we had a liquid dinner.  Peter was writing a feature length film and had his notebooks with him containing all of his notes for the script/scenes and characters. Unfortunately, Peter mislaid this book over the course of our afternoon in Katy Dalys Pub, and, most likely, The Limelight afterwards. I remember him calling the next morning asking if I had the notebook .... unfortunately I didn't, but our drunkenness did inspire me to write this song: (click on the link to listen to it on Spofity) - if you don't have Spotify it is also on iTunes and all other streaming services.

Lost in Space  (Spotify Link)
Lost In Space - iTunes

When I moved to Jersey I asked a mate of mine to film the Music Video for it. We shot the music video in various locations in Jersey with some of Jersey's best actors, who belong to the Jersey Arts Centre. This studio version was a lot of fun recording in The Nerve Centre, Derry with Takehi Folumoritu on guitar, Paul Davies on harmonica and Terry Woods on drums, myself on vocals and bass. In the video Omar 'Blondie' Somar plays on Cajon with Alex Bealey on Slide.

There were various Live versions of this song over the years. I remember jamming this with The Loony Tunes Band - Matthew Romeril playing lead guitar, Adam Routier on bass guitar, Karl Everett on drums; it was the best version of this song, however, unfortunately we never recorded it - maybe one day!!

Lost in Space - Officlal Music Video

I hope you enjoy having a listen folks!!

Justin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment