Sunday, January 20, 2019

Guitare En Scène










So as you know I played a few gigs in Made In Davanod in Bellgarde in November and December. The owner of the atelier is a volunteer for the Guitare En Scène music festival, and invited me to come and play at the evening organised for the committee members, volunteers and directors. I played 2 sets of songs. The first set of songs were covers which included the following:


  1. Billy Jean 
  2. Light My Fire 
  3. Dancin In The Dark
  4. Fly Me To The Moon 
  5. Come Together 
  6. Heart Of Gold 
  7. Brown Eyed Girl 
  8. Old Man 
You can hear this set by clicking on the following link : https://youtu.be/NL1xwuitGOs

It went down very well and I think it was a good way to start off the gig, as it gave the committee a preview of my style of playing. 

The second set was a set of original songs from my album The Light Shines Through The Darkness. The originals went down a storm and I have found the correct set to ensure that the journey flows! The response was really good and I was even taken out to dinner afterwards, lovely Italian restaurant!! The second set can be heard by clicking on the following link: https://youtu.be/2sGjWUMFaTk

The setlist for this Second Set are as follows: 

  1. Throwin Myself Right In 
  2. Image of Beauty 
  3. The Darkness Fades 
  4. Stay Strong  - I'll Be Your Guide 
  5. Same 
  6. Live In The Now
  7. The Eviction Song 



Thank you to the committee for inviting me to play last night. 

The line-up for this year is outstanding!!!! 

See you all in July

J xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment